2019 CLCT Week
May 19 – 24, 2019
CLCT is hosting a week-long series of events to educate courtroom professionals on the future of technology for the administration of justice. Join us for one, two, or all three of these important sessions.
Law, AI, & New Technologies: What You Need to Know
This one-day workshop, designed for judges and practitioners, precedes the Court Affiliates Conference and kicks off our CLCT Week. It will provide a useful guide to understanding the rapidly emerging legal issues posed by artificial intelligence (AI) and other components of the AI Ecosystem. From the Internet of Things, to smart contracts, to Blockchain, these technologies will effect profound changes in the types of issues courts face.
All Court Affiliates are welcome!
View the full agenda here.
The 2019 Court Affiliates Conference
Technology continues to change our lives, and with each passing day it introduces new legal and practical questions courts must answer. How will such technology affect courthouses over the next decade? How should courts use this technology to administer justice as fairly, efficiently, and inexpensively as possible? To what extent should courts engage in online dispute resolution? Can this technology be used to better accommodate self-represented litigants?
Please join us for the 2019 Court Affiliates Conference, where we will discuss these critical questions and seek to better define our needs, issues, and priorities for the next ten years. Highlights of the conference include:
- An opening keynote address from Gregory Akers, the Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer of Advanced Security Research & Government (retired)
- Presentations on court and legal technology in the United Kingdom and South Korea
- Court Affiliate best practice and protocol presentations
- Breakout sessions to discuss questions and relevant issues
- A presentation and discussion on how the Court Affiliates program can help courts and court employees in the next ten years
View the full agenda here.
2019 Digital Audio/Video Training Course
The CLCT Digital Audio/Video Training Program provides participants with an understanding of audio/video systems in reference to the advancement of the digital platform, the requirements for maintaining them, and a foundation for improved communication with vendors and installers.
The course will cover aspects specific to federal, state, and local courts. Highlights of the training include:
- Analysis of the infrastructure requirements, methods of configuration management, and network management protocols
- Presentation of the components to a digital audio system and basic acoustic issues prominent in the courtroom environment
- Addressing the forms of remote communication for witnesses, judges, interpreters and other parties common to the legal platform
- Discussion of the various components of a control system, operational interface, and how to plan a suitable control system for your court
View the agenda here.
Court Affiliates, please contact Mary Beth Dalton at email@example.com or 757-221-2494 to receive your discount code!
This content has been updated on March 13, 2019 at 3:22 pm.