Artificial Intelligence Writing Competition: Winners Announced!
CLCT is pleased to announce the winners of the 5th Annual Artificial Intelligence Writing Competition. As in previous years, law students worldwide were invited to participate and share their reflections on innovative legal issues likely to arise from Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things.
This was a particularly competitive year, with an increase of 64% in the number of submissions. Students taking part represented universities from the U.S., Italy, Brazil, India, the U.K., Slovenia and many more.
CLCT congratulates this year’s Winners and Special Mentions, and sends an enormous thank you to every law student who contributed to the competition. The cash prizes are funded by a grant from the Silicon Valley Community Foundation and winners will have the opportunity to present their papers to executives from Cisco Systems, Inc.
THE 2021-2022 ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE WRITING COMPETITION WINNERS ARE:
- First Place: Governing the Algorithmic Turn: Lyft, Uber and Disparate Impact – Bao Kham Chau, University of Virginia School of Law (JD, Class of 2022)
- Second Place: Combating Algorithmic Bias in Healthcare – Malwina Anna Wójcik, University of Bologna (Italy) (PhD in Law, Science and Technology, Class of 2024)
- Third Place: Regulating Smart Homes Devices: A Co-Regulation Approach – Mohan (Jeffrey) Peng, University of North Carolina School of Law (JD/MBA, Class of 2024)
- Special Mention: A Case for Regulation: Impacts of Artificial Intelligence on the LGBTQIA+ Community – Isadora Valadares Assunção, Universidade de Sao Paulo (Brazil) (LLB), & Bernardo de Souza Dantas Fico, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) (LLM)
- Special Mention: Let’s Face It: The Challenge of Protecting Identities on Social Media – Shinjani Agnihotri, Institute of Law, Nirma University (India) (BA/LLB)
Their papers will soon be available on our International Writing Competition page. Check them out!
CLCT looks forward to its 6th Annual Artificial Intelligence Writing Competition next year.
This content has been updated on July 10, 2023 at 2:47 pm.